Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
User Profile
Hi Dr,
I had liver biopsy and got result. I'm unable to understand the severity of the report.
"ground glass appearance of hepatocytes are seen. focal llytic necrosis with apoptosis and focal inflammation present(score-1).confluent necrosis is not seen(score-0).
periportal and interface hepatitis is seen(score-4).fatty changes of hepatocytes are seen.portal inflammation seen(score-3).portal to portal and portal to central fibrosis is noted(score-3).the sinusoids are mildly dilated.there are no granulomas. there is no malignancy.
impression:core biopsy from liver shows features of chronic hepatitis with total activity index of (08) and fibrosis score of(4)".

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 17th, 2018
(online)
Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Answer A63183
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
The report is suggestive of moderately active chronic hepatitis with liver cirrhosis.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Hepatitis
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.