Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
User Profile
risk of infection hepatitis B
Vitaly_V
Being in the post office, I accidentally scratched my finger
Scratching is not large 1-2 mm, blood was slightly
Knife without visible blood stains
After the injury, I after a minute treated the wound with vodka, then after 20 minutes with soap and water and alcohol, after 3 hours I anointed with iodine
Tell me whether there is a risk of infection with hepatitis B
I'm not vaccinated
Knives regularly open parcels and I hope that if someone also cut himself when that, then the remnants could be erased about the packaging material

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2017
Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Answer A62563
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. KNife for opening parcels are very low risk for Hep B transmission so dotn worry. You took precautions enough. Better to get Hep B vaccine.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.