i was suffered from liver parenchymal disease with portal hypertention with spenomegaly.what does it mean,my bilirubin is 5.1,SGPT is 80,SGOT is 290,albumin is 3.5 glugolin is 4.2,and rest r normal,i liver is midly enlarged,after 6 months am became normal,if i again starts drink socially then any problem with me,reply me,hepities A,B,C r normal.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2014
Welcome to e health forum.

From the history, it seems that you have developed Cirrhossis of the liver due to Chronic alcohol abuse. The alternative name is Alcohol liver disease.

Cirrhosis is a condition in which the liver slowly deteriorates and malfunctions due to chronic injury. ‎Scar tissue replaces healthy liver tissue, partially blocking the flow of blood through the liver and ‎ultimately resulting in liver dysfunction.‎

Some general some symptoms of liver disease include nausea, vomiting, decreased appetite, ‎‎indigestion, change in stools, jaundice, itching, etc.‎

As liver function deteriorates, one or more complications may develop. In severe conditions with ‎greater liver dysfunction abdominal distension, swelling of the legs, ‎anorexia, lethargy is seen. ‎

But in cases where the condition is detected in much early stages and effective treatment is initiated ‎the condition can be controlled and progression can be delayed and patients can enjoy a near normal ‎life. ‎

Treatment for cirrhosis depends on the cause of the disease and whether complications are present. ‎The goals of treatment are to slow the progression of scar tissue in the liver and prevent or treat the ‎complications of the disease. Hospitalization may be necessary for cirrhosis with complications.‎

Portal hypertension with splenomegaly, is a complication which occurs in later stages of Cirrhosis. In this complication, the liver damage due to fibrosis, drastically reduces the flow of blood through the liver, and the back pressure, causes fluid collection in the abdominal cavity and enlargement of the spleen.

‎A proper nutritious diet, avoidance of alcohol is important. Medications are given to treat various ‎symptoms of cirrhosis, such as itching and abdominal pain. In case of severe disease where the liver is ‎severely defective, liver transplantation may be also required. ‎

You may consult your doctor for proper medical advice and treatment.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.