Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

little tiny pink bites on his arms and his legs

User Profile
my son in law has these little tiny pink vites on his arms and his legs and it looks like his face. he just moved into my unfinished basement that was used for storage for years.. he sit on a couch all day and his wife is not getting bit or his daughter.. They itch like crazy . We live in sale lake city Utah , it is winter here...

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2011
Insect Bites Answer A19376
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health forum.

From the history it seems that your son in law, might be symptoms of severe itching and small pink rashes, which could either be due to scabies or bed bugs.

You might consider to consult your doctor, so that he can examine them and give appropriate treatment.

In the mean time, you can use ice-packs, OTC antihistamines for symptom relief.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Insect Bites , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.