User Profile
i had breakout with red lil dots on my legs & arms & the next day my penis was swollen with also little red bumps

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 22nd, 2010
Skin Answer A10214
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You would like to know the reason for red little dots on your legs and arms.

Little red dots on the skin may be due to rash(allergic or infectious) or vasculitis. In allergic reactions, the changes of the skin may be elevated above the skin. Infectious disease like herpes, chickenpox, measles or rubella, may be characterized with little red dots on the skin, elevated or not, with vesicles or not. Vasculitis is a condition where the small blood vessels are inflamed. The rash in vasculitis may be dark red to livid, palpable or not.

Given the data that you described, you may or may not be experiencing any of the conditions listed above. See a dermatovenerologist to rule out allergies, infectious diseases or vasculitis.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider such as a dermatovenerologist for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.