Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

little bumps which are slightly blister-like?

User Profile
I am seventeen and on the pill. I have had an itchy vagina for weeks. It isn't always itchy but seems to flare up, there are also little bumps which are slightly blister-like. It seems pretty dry too, but then sometimes there's quite a bit of a strange thin, milky, white discharge. I'm really tired and feel like I'm getting sick. I have tried a capsule for thrush and the symptoms seemed to stop a couple of days later but then came back in another couple of days. About 5 months before the symptoms I had sex for the first time but he didn't ejaculated inside me or anything as I find it hurts too much so we stop, this was unprotected too. I have had oral sex with about 3 other boys over the last couple of months. I don't know if it's an infection because of the strange discharge, or herpes because of the blister-like bumps. I'm planning to go to a doctor but I'm really nervous about that and I live out of town and don't know when I'll get a chance. What could it be? What should I do?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2012
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A33360
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the itchy vagina and the discharge from vagina . Apart from candidiasis one possibility that needs to be evaluated is trichomoniasis which is a STD. Candidiasis is caused by the overgrowth of yeast-like fungi called Candida. The characteristic symptom of trichomoniasis infection is a heavy, frothy, fishy-smelling discharge from the vagina. The infection can also cause discomfort during sex, vaginal itching, pain when passing urine and occasionally stomach pains.

Diagnosis can be confirmed only after pelvic examination and swab samples of the discharge and cervix swabs. Treatment depends on the same. So please consult a gynecologist and get yourself evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.