Hi. Due to severe TMJ, I am on a liquid diet. Yes, I am getting treatment, but it's very expensive and slow.

Anyhow, I am getting sick of chicken soup broth chocolate milkshakes, and orange juice. Anyone have any ideas or recipes? Or a cook book of liquid food?

Thank you in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2008
Supporter
I'd recommend some books on juicing like:

The Juicing Bible by Pat Crocker

Juicing for Life: A Guide to the Benefits of Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Juicing by Cherie Calbom

Juiceman's Power of Juicing by Jay Kordich

Do you have a juicer? Cheap ones are about $50 but for you, who will need a juicer for life, I suggest that you spend some good money on an efficient juicer ---$300-500 will get you a good quality juicer.
|

replied February 24th, 2009
Liquid Diets
Liquid diets are usually a temporary form of diet advised before a surgery takes place. The liquid diets fall in to two categories. One is a low calorie liquid diet and the other a meal replacement liquid diet.

The low calorie liquid diet is practiced under strict medical supervision only. This diet provides on an average about five hundred to eight hundred calories a day. This is normally a short-term diet plan, mostly recommended to those who have serious obesity problems and need to lose a lot of weight in a short span of time.

The meal replacement liquid diet replaces one or two whole meals with liquids. This type of liquid diet is offered to many people as an effective tool to reduce weight.

A liquid diet consists of fresh fruit juices or shakes. They are prepared keeping in mind nutritiously, along with sweeteners, sugar, skimmed milk and a good quantity of fiber, minerals and vitamins. Certain liquid diets also permit the consumption of solid or real food intake in proportional sizes.

|

replied April 22nd, 2009
Master Cleanse
Are you familiar with the Master Cleanse diet? what can you say about it?
Thanks in advance.. Smile
|
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....