Hi, my spouse has HPV (evident by the series of genital warts he's had over the years I known him). He also frequently gets lip sores when stressed, exposed to cold virus, etc. Is there any relationship (other than any possible name similarity) between what causes these two conditions?

Also, I've read men can't be tested to ID the HPV type, but can I via the HPV test? This way I'd know my risks for cervical cancer (I'm over 40 thus not a candidate for the new HPV vaccination I understand).

Lastly, but still related to HPV, if we remain mutual partners, if it ever possible that our bodies could become immune to the HPV type that we have and either of us ever not be infected?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 18th, 2011
Well its seems that your spouse may have HPV as well as Herpes type 1. Not to worry, type 1 is common about 85 percent of the population has it , sometimes it never even appears because antibodies are hard at work. It can be transmitted through things like sharing utensils, cups, straws or even kissing.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....