Hi there,
I have been suffering from an extreme case of lip inflammation and cracking called cheilitis for the past 15 years or so. I have done everything to fix the problem and lately, with the use of turmeric supplements, the cracking isn't that bad as it used to be. However, if I eat something spicy or oily and especially meat and bread, it comes back in full strength and unless I have a bowel movement, the condition will not improve. I know it's something inside my gut that causes my lips to be this way. I want to know any other herbs or supplements that I can take to fix this. Also, what is this condition called?

Please help because this is driving me insane and I don't wanna live with it any more!

NZK
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Cheilitis that prolonged must be due to some underlying cause, that needs to be found out. Turmeric paste, olive oil and petroleum jelly application over the area will help relieve the symptoms.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.