I am 20 years old, female, and slightly overweight.

On January 5th and 6th I went on a trip to Disneyland with some friends. Late into the first day, after lots of walking and standing in line, I started to have aching pain in my lower back on both sides. Walking and standing soon became difficult to bear, and the only way I could feel better was sitting down (laying was even better). The first evening and during the second day the pain was so bad at times I was nearly in tears. I know it wasn't smart of me to wear bad shoes (Converse), but they were the only ones I had at the time. My friends were both wearing similar shoes as well, and they only had sore feet.

Now, over three weeks later, my back is still giving me pain some nights when I'm in bed, or if I sit in an uncomfortable chair for too long. Is this something I should see a doctor about, or is it likely that it will get better over time?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Candaecorn
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...