Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Liking the Internet better than real life and real people

Hi this is my first post here and I don't know what to do in my life. I'm 15, male, in an international school. The majority of people smoke and drink and I don't want to be involved in that. But it is either that or become someone who sits in a dark corner with their computer and not talking to anyone. I like the internet more than people because their judgement on what I say, think or do comes from behind a keyboard like a coward, but I am worried about what my classmates might be saying about me behind my back, again seen as the alone, dark corner guy.

Guys in general use insults in normal conversation. My friends are the same, but they don't know when to stop. It keeps eating at me. I used to try to argue against them, but that only caused more confrontation and them acting all defensive like "it was just a joke" and "you are way too sensitive". I began to just agree and not argue about what they say around a year ago, but now I am really starting to believe the things they say. I don't even know what I want to do in life now because my friends have decided my dreams and hopes to be pathetic and unachievable by someone like me. So yeah, lots of stuff. Sorry for the long post.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile sbwhoneedshelp
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2013
Experienced User
hahaha long post? i have read longer, be who u are, dont care who the f*** gets in ur way, if u dont wanna do that stuff to fit in, then dont do it. maybe in ur way, u can make another way to fit in.. just be strong enough to not fear the changes
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....