Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Lightheadedness more than a week after fainting and hitting head

On May 9 I fainted and hit my head on concrete. I went to the ER that night and they did an EKG, blood work and a CT scan on my head and everything checked out fine. Since then I've had bouts of lightheadedness both standing and sitting, though they seem to be primarily when I'm at work. I work a desk job, so I'm not in the sun or doing anything physically challenging, but it is mentally challenging. I went to my doctor earlier this week for a follow-up and at that time I had told him I was feeling better, so he said if it persisted he would order cardiology and neurological workups. Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any insight? I was going to give it another week to see if it gets better, or call sooner if it gets worse.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2013
Hello,
You might feel dizzy for some time after cerebral concussion. If it does not get better you you do have to be evaluated by cardiologist rather than neurologist first.
By Andre Strizhak

Providing Top Neurology Services in the New York area. Excellence in treating headaches, dizziness, and head pain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.