User Profile
For the past 2 weeks I have been feeling lightheaded for no apparent reason. It started on a Saturday morning when I arose from bed and stood up I go very lightheaded and dizzy. I procedded to walk slowly out to my livingroom and the feeling went away. My concern is that I have been lightheaded throughout the day everyday since this happened. I no longer feel lightheaded in the morning.

I do have seasonal allergies. I have had the sniffles since December and I can't get rid of them. I use Nasonex. Other then that I don't have an explaination on why I feel lightheaded all the time. When I am at work I stare at a computer all day. I know I have eye strain alot I can feel that but as for the lightheaded feeling I can't.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2008
Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Answer A4255
Current medical status: Had physical examine on May 15th everything is normal Dr. went over my blood test panel with me he said that everything is normal.
Current medical treatment: No meds

Lightheadedness and dizziness can be due to several reasons:
1. Positional dizziness;
2. Ear disorder;
3. Hypotension;
4. Neck stiffness;
5. Brain disorder;
6. Due to old age;
7. Neurotic disorder;
8. Various medicines;
9. Unknown reasons – in 10% of cases, etc.

You need several medical investigations to find out the reason for your symptoms: basic physical examination, neurological examination, ENT-examination, audiogram, ECG, standard blood tests and certain more sophisticated tests, if necessary (MRI, EEG, evoked potentials, etc.).

You may want to consult your primary health provider first and then an ENT or neurologist.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.