Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Lightheadedness and anxiety attacks

User Profile
Hi. About 10 months ago I started feeling lightheaded/dizzy throughout different periods of the day. I'm a weight lifter and do so anywhere from 4-6 days a week. One day I had to rush out of the gym because I became severely dizzy and then that led to a severe panic attack. Ever since, my symptoms haven't completely went away. I've had nearly every blood test done. A CAT scan. I've seen a cardiologist and got both an EKG and an Echocardiogram done. I've tried physical therapy for potential spine/neck problems. Everything came back normal. I keep getting told that it's my stress and anxiety. I've had anxiety years ago growing up as a kid, and oddly enough it seemed to come back to me now at the age of 23. Again, I hope that's all that it is. I frequently receive heart palpitations as well. I've been noticing that the lighheadness comes on mostly when I'm out in the public. I don't know if it's some kind of phobia or what, but please try and help me get to the root of this problem.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2009
Anxiety and Stress Answer A7716
You like to know whether there is any treatment for dizziness. Dizziness is feeling as if loosing balance. Dizziness can occur during variety of conditions such as ear diseases, brain diseases, spine diseases, exhaustion and etc.

According to the data about dizziness, palpitations, and all the medical examinations that you have done so far, it doesn’t seem likely that you are experiencing any particular medical condition.

You may take vitamin B6 or vitamins from the B group to reduce the anxiety. Also you may consider reducing the days or the time you spend in the gym to prevent spine injuries. You may see a psychiatrist to rule out the phobia as possible cause of your dizziness.

Please keep in mind, that I am not able to give you advice about your medical condition online, as it's impossible to diagnose any condition over the internet. Please contact your doctor or other healthcare provider such as psychiatrist for further diagnosis and treatment.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.