Hello,

I been getting light headed lately. I only get them when im laying on my back and when i get up. I never had this befor so i was wondering if anyone had some answers. I work out about 5 days a week and been on a protein diet. but i just dont know why i get light headed. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2009
Supporter
Orthostatic/ postural hypotension
The lightheadedness occurs when you stand because gravity causes the blood to pool in your feet and legs. Normally, this signals the heart to pump the blood faster to circulate it to the upper regions but, for whatever reason, this does not happen. It can be caused by any number of things including dehydration, medications, heart problems, diabetes and nervous system disorders.
Since you mentioned that you work out a lot, I would suggest that you first make sure you are getting enough fluids.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....