Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

lightheaded, shoulder pain, headache, third time today

User Profile
Hi, Just returned from a weekend away fishing at a local holiday home site. On Saturday evening when back at the mobile home i was sitting down and suddenly felt very strange, i went very light headed, felt sick , had terrible pain in right side back of shoulder/neck , thumping great headache and was unable to get up. It was like my legs were no longer attached. Im 39 years old, male, have never fainted in my life and i didnt lose conciousness Saturday, however it felt like i was about to. It lasted around 4/5 mins then apart from the pain in my shoulder and the headache i was fine again. Same thing happened around 1.5 hours later. Sunday was fine and returned home today and its happened 3 times so far today.......im scared to move. Feeling very very hot too, have also been very short tempered throughout the past week which is very unlike me......any ideas?.....oh and i have the constant sensation of having a nose bleed yet no blood!?......kind regards....Simon Gillespie

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

Based on your history, though the exact cause cannot be diagnosed, it would be recommended that you consult your doctor at the earliest.

Headache, dizzyness and weakness can be due to elevated blood pressure related rise in intracranial pressure.

Getting your blood pressure checked will be helpful. If you are above 50 years old, a MRI or CT - Head might be advised to rule out conditions like Intracranial aneuryms or Subarachnoid bleeding, which in mild or initial stages usually present with headache, dizzyness , etc.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Headache
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.