Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

lightheaded, chills, shivers, gas. Pain travels to my back

I am totally miserable. Health insurance goes into effect tomorrow and I will be making an appointment.

It started two days ago when I started getting dizzy and lightheaded. Kind of like when you are going to sleep and you start having that floating feeling (fun at that time, but not when you are acting for young children). Later that day I started getting chills and shivers. No fever. I also got very painful trapped gas. (The gas is not unusual for me when I don't eat enough). That evening I started getting a stabbing pain by my left hip bone (ovary?) and it was radiating to my rib cage and back around to my lower back.

Yesterday, all of the above continued and my entire lower back was sore. On the pain scale it is about an 8. I have a very high tolerance for pain. I also have a mild headache in addition to all of this. And I have random shooting pains all over my body.

The pain was less this morning, bit is getting worse as the day goes on. I can barely stand and function.

I am breastfeeding a 9 month old if that makes a difference. I not pregnant.

Any input or ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2014
Thank you for asking
Dizziness shivers and chills back pains radiated form hyoogastrium are all very classic for an infection. UTI / PID are suspicions.get some evaluation.routine exam and some work up. Management will depend on that accordingly.
Visit our health centre for further guidance.
Take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.