Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

lightheaded and random adrenaline rushes?

About 3 months ago i was sitting down then i suddenly went lightheaded i went to sleep straightaway ever since that day i havent felt myself i would get lightheaded and random adrenaline rushes and my arms feel detatched my life is basic with no stress accept for my mom who only fixates about herself and she shouts at me quite alot. i have heart problems and its been feeling weird wenever i breath in like its numb my arms are my main concern because they feel detatched also somtimes ive been detatched from reality but other occasions ill feel better. ive seen many doctors and had blood tests and they come back fine. does anybody have a clue what it could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 19th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
did any dr suggest SSRI or SNRI and r u on the meds?
|

replied March 6th, 2012
I have the same problem with crazy adrenaline rushes that wake me up at night. Sounds to me like you have a lot on your plate. Subconsciously you are worried and fearful of the future so your body is going into the fight or flight mode. Not only that you now you are worried about going to bed cause you fear of another adrenaline rush. What you need to do is talk to a therapist or counselor (not a drug prescribing psychiatrist, drugs are just a bandaid.) He or she can calm you down by helping you come to terms about those fears and worries. In addition, you can exercise preferably 3-4 hours prior to bedtime which will help regulate adrenaline, do breathing exercises, and again, I reiterate a good counselor to calm your fears/worries.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...