: good evening i am a 52 year old female for past year i have been having feelings of light headed experiencing everything iam looking at seems weird my eyes get glazed it last for about 4 to 5 minutes no head aches it seems to be coming more often i find i have to sit down or lay down or hold on to something had test done nothing picked up my family is now noticing some thing wrong because of my eyes are glassie and i look tired after it happens about one a day i get any answers thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 9th, 2009
Experienced User
sounds a bit like you are experiencing orthostatics. all this means is that when you sit/stand up, your body is not capable of keeping your brain supplied with the same amount of blood (glassy eyed, light headed, possible confusion)this is accompanied by an increased heart rate or a drop in blood pressure of 20 each (can be one or the other, or both at the same time)
solution: drink plenty of water and talk to your doctor about possible arrhythmias or other cardiac output problems, especially if this happens while you do not change positions...
T.B EMT-B
|

replied December 28th, 2009
morning thankyou for your reply family abit worried about me as i was walking around taking to them all of a suddend every thing went dizzy all i could see was the floor coming towards me i managed to grab the door i was heading towards the floor legs started to give way managed to hold on to the curtains waited a few minutes then got helped to a chair i was very scared came out of the blue had mild ones but not so agressive as this one any ideas thanks
|

replied January 2nd, 2010
Experienced User
sounds like sever dehydration/hyoptension (low blood pressure.) see your doctor to see what they recommend and in the mean time drink drink drink. when you think you've had enough water, drink some more.
|
Tags: head, eyes, female, tired
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....