Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Lightheaded and dizzy with chest pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hello iIm 18 and I get dizzy quite often. First i feel light headed, then i wil find it a little hard to breathe then i will get a pain in my head and a paint in my chest. Its been happening for the past year but i havent been to a doctor because i cant explain the problems properly to him. Especially when i have an alcoholic drink i get really dizzy, i dont mean when im drunk i just mean when i have one glass of anything.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Because im really starting to get worried.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2017
Welcome to e health forum.

Any medical condition cannot be diagnosed without a complete physical examination.

The symptoms that you have been enduring, could be due to -

1. Dehydration or electrolyte imbalance

2. Arrhythmic conditions or related cardiovascular disease - related to your Low blood pressure.

3. Anemia - which as per your history, you already have, and this needs to be treated properly to relieve your symptoms.

4. Benign Positional vertigo,

5. Peripheral neuropathy or Dysequilibrium (sensation of imbalance while walking) - due to infections of the Vestibular system.

It would be recommended that you consult a doctor and get a few tests including a hemogram, electrolytes, etc.

Based on the tests and physical examination your doctor or a neurologist can provide proper medications to control the symptoms.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: head, dizzy
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.