Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Lightheaded all day, frequent headaches, no apparent reason

Hello!

I'm at a complete loose ends in regards to my problem. I am male and 21, I have been feeling light headed for around four weeks now, I also get frequent headaches and have a very stiff neck (I have had problems with my shoulder for several years). Both don't stop me from doing things however it seems hard to concentrate on things most of the time.I have been to my local GP twice now in regards to it. Both times my blood pressure and heart rate were good, there was nothing wrong with my vision or ears. They checked my B12 levels for an iron deficiency due to my vegetarian diet yet that was fine. My movement was also checked to see if it made it worse which it didn't. On the second visit my GP said there was nothing to be worried about and that it may go away in three to four weeks. I am asking simply for a second opinion as it is worrying me. The only medication that I am taking at the moment is cetirizine hydrocloride, and loratadine if I have ran out of the first, for my hayfever, and the occasional paracetamol for my headaches. And help or advice would be much appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2015
Active User, very eHealthy
Philippians 4:8-9
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. With all your work up normal, there is nothing to worry about. All you need is some anxiolytics and some acetaminophen for headache and relaxing.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Tags: Vegetarian, Diet
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.