Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

lighter shade of skin show up on my face....

User Profile
For some reason, since lat year, I have had this lighter shade of skin show up on my face....I dont know the time I began to notice it, I was using Mary Kay and Palmers Fade Cream for my acne and I initially thought it was from that. However, I went back to some of my pictures from years ago (from senior year of high school...and i am now a senior in college), and the skin then was also different shade, just too small to notice at that time.

Well now is very noticeable. In certain lightings and in pictures (if not smiling), it is very obvious and quite embarrassing. For some reason, no one has said anything about it or mentioned, at least not too my face. In the sunlight, it is very obvious and I sometimes look down or squinch my face to hide it...also if I smile, it doesnt show up because it runs from my nose down to my mouth (so I end up smiling a lot).

Is this heard of?? I am a black male with medium brown skin, 22 yrs old

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 8th, 2012
Skin Answer A38488
Welcome to e health forum.

Skin lesions are difficult to diagnose without a physical examination.

You should consult your doctor or a dermatologist who can examine you and gain more information from your history. He can then decide on any tests if needed. This will help in proper diagnosis of the underlying condition and appropriate treatment can be initiated accordingly.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.