Hi..
I am suffering from constipation from past 2 days and had to try hard to pass during bowel movement and had pain also. I was having fever and cough last week and took some medication like ibuprufen, mucinex and some syrup. During this period my diet was not proper.

Today I saw a light bright red on the last stool and observed a little bright red blood on the toilet paper after wipe.

I am scared and not sure what to do.. is it something serious?

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2009
Supporter
hello any bleeding from anal area should be checked. however i myself experienced this with bad constipation and had slightly tore a bit of skin tissue with stressing to move my bowels. i still had it checked and even yet if constipated i still feel a pinch as my bowel empties. on occassion i use a stool softener like dulcolax to help make passing easier.So my advise is get it checked for own piece of mind it maybe something simple. hope this helps you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....