Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

light period, naseua, recently had a baby

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi, I am a 27 yr old female. I recently had a baby 5 months ago, and I also work in a factory where i do have some exposure to chemicals or fumes, but not extreme. I have been there 5 years. That being said, I have had several strange symptoms and cannot seem to find any explanation. They are:

All of these symptoms seem to be MORE prevalent at work. I will just be sitting there working, and my eyes will just kind of go out of focus (fairly regular, mostly throughout the second half of the day, after I have eaten), accompianied by dizzy or lightheaded feeling a lot. My eyes also feel strained a lot throughout the day as well as feeling nausea quite a bit.
After the baby, my first few menstrual periods were normal, and then my last one, which came at the scheduled time, there was hardly anything there! I checked two different times to make sure I wasen't pregnant.
I also seem to be more sensitive to smell as well as noise - the loud noise hurts my ears more. Again, these are more noticeable at work.
Any ideas? I am not really in the financial state to have anyone run a lot of tests, since I have such a variety of symtoms. Hopefully you can help! This has been going on for a few weeks now.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2008
Id' suggest that you first consult the human resources department at your work and see if there are any face masks or approved breathing tools that might help you. The fumes might really be causing your problems.

I'd then suggest that you see a gynecologist for an annual PAP test and to report the menstrual period symptoms. If you can isolate and prioritize your concerns, it's better than mixing them up!
Did you find this post helpful?