User Profile
Hi, I have had stomach problems for about 4 years now. It started when I was in college and I ate very unhealthy. I would eat fried foods all the time. I would have diarrhea almost every day and severe abdominal gas pain when I would go to the bathroom.On and off for the next 6 months there would sometimes be blood when I had diarrhea.I also gained 10lbs in one year.I would have severe indigestion when I ate unhealthy, along with constant burping, and bloating to the point I looked pregnant.Nausea too because it would feel like I over ate. Alcohol upsets my stomach.I started eating healthier and my symptoms got better. But I still have the burping and bloating everyday no matter what. I do have abdominal pain and diarrhea if I eat anything fatty. The only time I feel like myself if right when I wake up. Even if I drink water I get bloated. Also, indigestion is still a huge problem.I've gained a total of 25lbs, I exercise and eat healthy but I also have a problem losing weight.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2010
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A11489
Hi,

Thanks for the query. The diagnosis of acid reflux does fall in line with your symptoms. You should do certain lifestyle modifications to improve on that. That includes exercise to improve your digestive functions and diet to help your reflux.

You should opt for a diet that is easier to digest and avoid hot, sour and spicy foods. Cold milk does offer benefits to you. Even stress aggravates it, so certain relaxation techniques are recommended. Avoid alcohol.

Along with these modifications, if you are still having symptoms then do ask your doctor about certain medications to relieve it. A combination of domperidone and esmprazole/omeprazole may be helpful to you. Discuss it with your doctor.

Wish you good health.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.