I can't handle my life anymore. I used to be so happy, my family was married and everything was good. I looked so happy but now I hate myself and my parents are divorced. My dad might be moving to NY to open up a business with my uncle so I won't even be able to see him a lot. Although I don't like to see him but I do it anyways because I want a relationship. The thing I have been -EXTREMELY- depressed about is I think I'm gay and it's killing me because I don't want to live like that!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a family of my own, with a wife and kids. I wanted to have a normal family and it will never happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so stressed out that I started to loose hair on the front of my head because the depression is so intense I don't want to live when I think about it. To make this worse I remeber my uncle and my dad saying how they hope I'm not gay. My sister poseted my status on Facebook once saying gay and proud as a joke because she thinks it's a joke and doesn't know how I really feel, and my dad called me saying "he doesn't get that." My life is falling apart. All I ever wanted was a normal life, and I failed.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 20th, 2009
Just calm down. I don't really know how to help you but this is coming from an 11 year old, you need to see a doctor and mabe get into some councilling.
|

hey sweetie
okay so your 14. it is a tough time, many people are confused about their sexuality and it is completely normal for you to question yourself.. i just think the best thing to do is give yourself sometime. i do think that maybe the best thing to do is to see someone about your depression, i also had depression at your age and getting help was the best decision i made... maybe you can tell your mum and dad that you feel depressed and think you would benefit from seeing someone. you dont have to go into detail with them but sometimes it really helps been able to speak to a professional and what is even better is they dont know you so you can basically tell them anything.
i hope i helped a little
just remember you have your whole life infront of you and its a good thing its tough at times but we just need to push through Smile
good luck
-charlieghy-
-xo-
|

Sweetie, your teenage years will be SUCH a hard time! So many things happen, you lose friends, you gain more. So many changes occur. My teenage years were extremely tough times for me. I was depressed, happy, sad, mad. You name it. My best friend is gay and not only did he have to deal with being a teenager, he had to deal with coming to terms of being gay and what everyone would think. The people who truly love you, will not care about your sexuality. Your Father and Sister were very cruel in what they said and did to you but, for some people, it's hard to understand. Everything turned out great for my Best Friend. He opened up to me and I was the first person he told. I told him how much I loved him and no matter what gender he liked, I would ALWAYS care for him and it didn't matter. You can't help who you love. His family was fine with it too! If you need to talk, please let me know!
|

I went to New York to visit my family. We were in the pool and my uncle was joking around and said "I used to like my cousin, until I found out he was gay!" I know for a fact that my dad and my uncle won't love me and I'll never talk to them again. I can't take my life any longer. You don't know how much I think about just ending my life because I have nothing to live for anymore. I stress out EVERY HOUR OF THE DAY. I had a fight with my step dad so my mom won't talk to me after I told her she doesn't know how I stress out 24/7 and she told me she doesn't care. I DO see a therapist and I am terrified of telling him because then my family will know and I'll never talk to them again and everything in my life will be over! It seems like everything I try I never succeed. I am a failure. I don't want to live anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

dont give up.... you should be able to tell your therapist anything as it is confidential..... unless you tell her/him something that puts your safety in jeopardy... maybe if you tell her/him about your thoughts on suicide your family will understand just how depressed your feeling. they love you dont forget... you dad may not like the idea your gay but that wont stop him from loving you... my brother told my dad he was gay and they didn't speak for 9 years i only met him when i was 13 and the truth is i wouldn't want him any other way ! ! ! things always get better Smile
|

I had panic attacks ALL DAY today, and I told my dad what was up... I can't believe how supporting he was Smile
|

replied August 24th, 2009
see mate Smile things eventually work out Smile hope your okai
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...