Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

leukemia & bone cancer symptoms ?

I have a huge knack for getting worried a lot. I am worried I may have something wrong me me. I noticed on my chest a bunch of little dots, kind of a rash, I would not really call them dots. I have a bruise on my arm from my dog bitting me(while playing), I always let my dog bite me and never any bruises. I also noticed that when I poped a zit a few days back there is now a bruise there, and there is a bruise on my leg, not a big one but I can't remember how I got it. I am not tired I am kinda sick but the flew is going around my school. I still have lots of energy. I am also losing weight I think, but all my brothers lost a lot of weight around my age (16). Please tell me I am worried over nothing. Also I am not even feeling that sick, and dont have a fever or anything. I also notice I am very pale, but I have been always pale my hole life, but it seems to have gotten a little worse kuz I can see more veins in my arm and hands.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
For how long you have the bruise?
Do the small dots disappear when you press on them?
|

replied April 11th, 2008
MandMs wrote:
For how long you have the bruise?
Do the small dots disappear when you press on them?

Its my 8th day with the bruise and it is just about gone. I never tried pushing on the dots but they are also gone now. I have another problem, i seem to be bleeding weird. I pushed down on my gum and it started to bleed, I have always had trouble with them bleeding but not this easy. My joints are kinda in pain, can you explain how bad the pain is with the joints with leukimea. Leukemia does not run in my family, and with all other cancers. and I have always been healthy
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Two weeks is a normal period for bruises to disappear.
All of the symptoms, you are mentioning, can be due to leukemia (these are not sure signs of leukemia), but, it could be just you worrying too much.
I don't wanna give conclusions, and, you should stop worrying, until you get a regular blood count test.
Do you find swollen lymph nodes, especially in the neck or armpit?
Do you feel swelling or discomfort in the left upper part of abdomen (loss of appetite)?
Are you experiencing fevers or night sweats?
Do you have headache?
Have you noticed difficulty breathing?
|

replied April 17th, 2008
No to all of those. I calmed myself down, because if I was sick I would be SICK. I would prob be tired and fluish. I am fine, I am going to school and playing video games like a normal teen Smile I think its reading all of these messages that worry me, I don't know what it is that makes me come here, but every time I get scared. I have none of those symptoms. I have a discomfort in my LOWER left ribcage, where my colon is but its hardly noticable and its not where my spleen is, I could be from hunching my back a lot. They need a warning on these on not to take these threads as medical advice (like me) you cant confirm anything unless a doctor says so. I figured that my "rashes" were due to me wearing a t-shirt that I got my hair got while wearing and the hair gave me a rash, that goes away after a couple days. My cuts heal fine, and I have an appetite Smile I have 1 question tho: Is leukemia the same as bone cancer? I know a friend whos dog had bone cancer I was wondering if it was the same. Thanks for all the advice! Cool The only thing that I am experiencing is some blood in my nose. It is spring time and everyone has dry noses, and its not dripping down, just when I stick a cleenex up there there is blood, and its not there when my nose is not runny. Thanks once again for the advice!
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Some bone cancers start in the bone marrow -- in the blood forming cells, as leukemia is. The main type of cancers that are true “bone” cancers are called sarcomas and start in bone tissue.

Don't you think that having a regular blood test is a good idea?

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied January 5th, 2009
^ ^

damn, way to worry someone, stupid...
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....