Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Leukemia: Are these findings cause for concern?

User Profile
I got some blood work back and have questions. The Neutrophil is low, and the Lymphocyte percentage a bit high, BUT the Lymphocyte number is within range. I had what I though was a enlarged lymph node in my neck, but did an ultrasound and told it was suspected Lipoma. Are these findings cause for concern?

Neutrophil% (40 - 80) Mine= 33.8 LOW
Lymphocyte% (15 - 50) Mine= 51.8 HIGH
Lymphocyte# (1.0 - 3.0) Mine= 2.95 Within Range

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2015
Leukemia Answer A50899
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

Your concern is regarding the blood test reports that you have got done.

The neutrophil count is slightly low but it is not a cause of immediate concern. Infections like dengue fever, viral infections such as Epstein-Barr virus, cytomegalovirus and certain medicines like antibiotics, psychiatric drugs and anti epileptic drugs may cause decrease in neutrophil count.

If you have any associated symptoms or there is any further decline in the neutrophil count then it needs evaluation, Otherwise there is nothing to worry. Also get evaluated for the suspected lipoma in the neck.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Leukemia
Quick Reply
Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Leukemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.