Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Leukemia and sex organs

User Profile
this is embarrassing to discus with my parents they know but I'm worried because of my sexual organs are not developing like my younger brother , is it to late to do something? I know i had leukemia when i was 3 1/2 yrs i do not remember anything
my parents have not many means i live in Mexico. what should i ask my parents to do and how can i help my self

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2009
Leukemia Answer A6913
Unfortunately, there is a lot of individual variability in the development of the male sexual organs, even between members of the same family.

If, at the age of 16, you have already developed pubic hair, and hair in your armpits, then you probably have normal testicular function (if you have not developed these "secondary sex characteristics," then you may need to see an Endocrinologist to be tested for hypogonadism (decreased sex hormone secretion by the testicles)).

Also, at the age of 16, your body is still actively developing, and, therefore, the current state of your genital development may still "progress" over the next few years.

If you can find a male pediatrician who specializes in the care of teenagers, this might be a good place to begin.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

http://doctorwascher.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Leukemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.