User Profile
I recently had a LLETZ procedure (about 5 weeks ago) and have been really tired and lethargic since.I am usually quite active but was told not to perform strenuous excersise for a feww weeks following, i have been doing light walking and strength training the last 2 weeks but am still struggling to get out of bed in the morning (im usually bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6am) and i am constantly tried throughout the day.I'm not usually this way and thought that it would subside once i started light excercise again. i get plenty of sleep, minimum 8 hours. is this from the anesthetic or just my body reacting to some sort of truama from the procedure?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2010
Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Answer A9001
Generally speaking, the effects of anesthesia wear off within 24 to 48 hours after surgery, so I doubt that the anesthesia is causing your lethargy at this point in time.

Patients who undergo major surgery often feel tired and easily fatigued for up to several months after surgery. In addition to the trauma of surgery, patients can become rather quickly deconditioned during their recuperation from surgery. Also, patients may become anemic after surgery if they experienced significant blood loss during their operation (or even moderate blood loss in patients who were anemic prior to surgery), and this may leaving them feeling tired and fatigued.

If you believe that your recovery from your operation is not progressing well, then you should schedule a visit with your surgeon.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Cervical cancer typically develops over many years. But when does cervical cancer occur and how do doctors define the disease? ...
How are HPV and cervical cancer related? And how can you place yourself out of risk for developing cervical cancer? More here....
Abnormal menstruation can be a sign of cervical cancer. Learn the signs and symptoms of serious "female problems" and when to seek medical help here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.