I've suffered from awful leg cramps since I was a little kid. I remember my mom massaging my legs when I was only about 6 years old or so. As I got older, I started taking advil for them. It was the only thing that seemed to work - so I've basically been popping advil like skittles for years! I wonder if this is related to hypoglycemia? I looked at all of the pain relivers such as tylenol, advil, excedrine migraine, motrin, etc. and advil contains sucrose, or sugar. It appears that none of the other pain relievers do. I wonder if this is why it is helpful to me? It is also the only pain reliever that can get rid of my headaches.
Thanks in advance!

Kristin
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Try taking turmeric capsules on a regular basis. But yes, this is caused by hypoglycemia. The sugar imbalance causes fluctuations in your calcium and magnesium levels, might want to look into getting a good, vegan (I say this because they're the most pure) tablet to fix that.
|

replied April 21st, 2008
Thanks for the quick response! I thought your diet said to stay away from tumeric? What is a vegan? You say it's the most pure tablet. If I could stop my leg cramps, that would be a miracle!
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2008
Community Volunteer
No, why do people think this, I say it's a POSSIBLE food to avoid, not that you need to. Vegan is a lifestyle that avoids all animal products. All of their products tend to be very pure, organic and such. I buy my tablets from a local health food store and they're free of all the additives you find in regular tablets. That's why I recommend vegan type tablets (not a brand, but it will say on there vegetarian or vegan). I had some cramping problems early on that this fixed real quick.
|

replied May 21st, 2009
leg cramps
I've had leg cramps for many years. A doctor prescribed Quinine which did a good job but you have to take them every day. I woke one day several years ago with one bad one and instead of stiffening to fight it I just relaxed and thought "Oh you just do your thing". It just faded away so fast that it left no residue of pain.

I couldn't wait till the next one to defeat. It went on like that for months and then I lost it. I couldn't do it any more. Alas.

Until a few months ago I managed it again. I fear them no longer because I can beat it and it takes not much longer than it takes to come on.

You have to be quick and stop fighting it instantly. Think relax, let it go. Overcome that renegade muscle.
|

replied February 24th, 2010
hi I live in the UK i had this problem for years as well.No doctor could help then i found a herbal med called NEW ERA MAG.PHOS. it is drug free and safe. works in seconds every time. i have not had problems since. check it out on the internet. all the best
|