User Profile
How common is left sided pain and mild weight loss with low functioning gallbladder?

I am a 36yr. old male who does not smoke, nor drink, and cancer does NOT run in either family. For the past month my right side has been cramping right under the ribs. Did a HIDA scan and the ejection fraction came back at 33%. Last week though my left side has started to hurt as well, sometimes under the ribs sometimes lower (like right now it feels like it's the left kidney). This pain is more constant than the right side but is not as bad. Sometimes only the right side hurts, sometimes only the left, sometimes both. I had an ultrasound and tested negative for gallstones. Finally I seem to have started to lose weight, 5 pounds in a week and a half. My wife tells me it's because I am eating less (although I don't think I am). I get my gallbladder out next week, but should I be worried about anything else with the left side pain? I keep thinking pancreas related but I've been told I'd feel sicker.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2017
Gallbladder Disease Answer A62072
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Its a functional bowel decline called irritable bowel syndrome, supportive care with diet lifestyle adjustments is all you need. 33 % is good enough to keep the gallbladder. Small frequent meals will help. Visit our IBS health center for further guidance.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.