Left hand has vein bulging off and on for 3 weeks thumb mainly hurts but my thumb index and middle finger sometimes tingle any info would help

heres a picture
 photo IMG_0053.jpg
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 20th, 2014
I would always say to see a doctor before anything else, but what it sounds like is the start of carpal tunnel. I am not sure about the bulging vein, but the rest of it sounds like it. The carpal tunnel is the narrow rigid tunnel on the palm side of your wrist that houses 9 flexor tendons (bend the fingers and thumb) and one median nerve (controls feeling in thumb and all fingers but the pinky) and is covered by a strong band of connective tissue called the transverse carpal ligament . Anything that makes this tunnel smaller and the tendons underneath irritated and inflamed (i.e. Repetitive hand movements, diabetes, obesity, etc.) puts pressure on the median nerve, which in turn can produce tingling, numbness, hand weakness and pain.

This is my treatment advice: First - Rest and modification of your daily routine is the first thing to consider. Second - cold therapy. ThA cold compress will reduce the inflammation of the tendons beneath the transverse ligament, opening up the tunnel and giving relief to the pinched nerve. This will also help alleviate the pain and swelling. Third - promote blood flow. There is wrist wrap called the BFST that will stimulate nutrient rich blood to circulate through the tendons and the transverse ligament at an increased rate. This will repair the damaged tendons and ligament, giving you the relief you need.

Hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: left hand
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....