Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Left foot arch pain with simultaneous left side ab pain (Page 1)

3 weeks ago, the day after a long walk in NYC, with not the best shoes I starting to get a tingling in my left foot arch and the same tingling feeling in my left abdominal side at the exact same time. It was like a quick twinge several times a day. Since then, the quick tingling twingle has changed to a small crampy pain that is also quick but much more frequent, almost constant. The strangest part is that the pains occurs in my foot and my abdominal side at the exact same time, EVERY time! I researched this to death and found nothing except for in Reflexology the arch of your left foot relates to your left abdominal region. I saw a Reflexologist who worked on my foot for 30min but it provided no relief. I spoke with my PCP over the phone and he said he never heard of anything like this. I don't know if I should see a podiatrist, orthopedist, neurologist or PCP. Any help or insight at all would help.
Some personal info. I am a healthy 34 yr old, 104lb. female with no other health issues. Bloodwork came out good.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Jilliani3
|

replied May 18th, 2012
Pain in foot and abdomen at same time
I have the same problem! I have never heard of anyone having this before either and have found no information online about it. My pain occurs at the top of my left foot and left side of my abdomen - at the same time. It can be an intense little shot of pain.
I have had this for years. I went to an acupuncturist who could not figure out what it is.
I can't say that it occurs at specific times - it seems totally random.
I am a 44-year-old female, I'm fit. I have been a vegetarian for 25 years and a vegan off and on for the last 5 years.
Please post something if you learn any more about this odd problem! Best of Luck!
|
Users who thank PatsyPoo123 for this post: MarkAiston 

replied August 22nd, 2016
Strange I have the same problem and I am a male. I am 47 yrs. old and have the same weird pain. I run, workout and eat fairly healthy, except for my cheat day. It's just a very weird pain and comes w/o warning. I've been researching it everywhere to try and find and answer, but no avail.

Hopefully it's just gas from all the vegetables we've been eating.
|

replied May 18th, 2012
Hi thanks for replying. Since I last posted, those symptoms magically disappeared but my right foot started in. Burning pains in my right foot for a week or so. My hands and fingers also tingle and numb up. Through more research of my own, I'm thinking Neuropathy. I have an appt with a top neurologist on may 29th for a consult. I have had symptoms like this for years that come and go. Just recently, it's been worse and more often.
|
Users who thank Jilliani3 for this post: MarkAiston 

replied February 2nd, 2013
Left foot and left abdominal intense simultaneous pain
Me too!!! The base of my left foot near the top and my left abdominal simaltaniously and it is an intense sharp pain. what the hell is it??? It has happened to me before
|

replied March 15th, 2013
Had the same thing, turned out to be Endometriosis which also effected nerve leading to foot
|

replied August 27th, 2013
I am shocked to see this post. I've had the same symptoms for 9 years on my right side behind my ankle and mid rib cage simultaneously. It's sudden, painful, the size of a finger tip and the same spot all the time. Doctor can't figure it out. I've given up looking and at this point just deal with it. If anyone ever gets an answer that pans out please post.
|

replied March 8th, 2014
I started having the same thing about 3 months ago. It's a simultaneous pain, simultaneous itching, burning, in exactly the same spots of my toe and abdomen / rib. It is hitting surface of the skin, so it's a nerve tingling thing. Maybe some kind of nerve damage or Neuropathy? It's very interesting, and seems unheard of by the medical profession. I had surgery about the time this started and was out for 6 full hours so I'm wondering if the anesthesia might be a cause. I'm male and otherwise extremely healthy.That it strikes the foot, maybe it could be some kind of fungus that attacked the nerve? If anyone is having similar symptoms post more so we can compare notes.
|

replied September 29th, 2014
Pain in lower left stomach simultaneous pain left foot arch
I have the same symptoms. It is a sharp cramping pain in my lower left stomach area and simultaneous sharp cramping pain in the arch area of my left foot. I too have not been able to find a reason for this. This has been going on for the past five years each year occurring more often.I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 23, I am now 59, for endometriosis. It is somewhat ironic that one post claims it is due to endometriosis since all that was suppose to be cured 36 years ago.
|

replied October 21st, 2014
I am very shocked to see that others have experienced the exact same thing as I am experiencing today. Just out of nowhere I am getting simultaneous sharp shooting pain in my abdomen on the left side as well as the top of my left foot. I am just wondering if anyone has Received any answers out there regarding this unusual symptom.
|

replied December 8th, 2014
Same here. Lower right abdomen and between ball and arch of right foot. Sharp pain, tingle, itch at the same time. Lasts a few seconds, then gone.
|

replied May 22nd, 2015
Simultaneous sharp random pain
Same Here ! top front of right foot & right front under rib. stinging sharp pain simultaneously and random...
|

replied June 2nd, 2015
Sharp Abdominal and Foot Pain Simultaneously?
I also just had the same pain for the first time today and decided to search the internet for answers. The pain is occurring beneath my right rib cage and under my right foot near my heal. It's a tingling yet sharp pain. Since many of the replies have had this pain for years, should I not be too worried about it?
|

replied June 7th, 2015
Experiencing the same thing. Quick, sharp pain under my right foot near my heal and my right side. Never had this before but it's been on and off for a few days. Curious if anyone ever got any answers as to what this could be? I read the couple comments mentioned endometriosis so I'm also wondering if everyone on this forum so far are all females? If not, we can probably cross that off our list! Smile
|

replied June 18th, 2015
Sharp pain in stomach and foot at same time
I have experienced (for years) a sharp, incredibly painful pain about one inch to the right of my navel. By the time you gasp with the pain and put your hand to the site - the pain has gone. It can happen 5 times in 10 minutes - and then not for 6 months. Other times, on and off for a couple of weeks - then not for months. Sometimes it is accompanied by exactly the same pain/sensation on the sole of my foot - halfway between the toes and the heel. Told the doctor about it years ago - he was completely uninterested ... said it was 'one of those things'. Just experienced it again a minute ago and thought I'd find out if anyone else gets something like it.

I am male. In my early 60s. Had it for many years. Read somewhere else that it may be a problem with a disc in the spine. My pain, on the surface to the right of my navel, is - I guess - only a few inches away from the spine. Maybe the pain radiates to the surface of my stomach from the slipped disc and also down the nerves in the leg to the foot?
|

replied July 23rd, 2015
simultaneous extremity and abdominal pain
OK there are many people who have reported this ON THIS SITE ALONE. Has ANYONE gotten any help for this. I DO have a Primary Peripheral Neuropathy, but like the rest of you I cannot find anything out about why the simultaneous pains are happening. Before today it was always left foor/left side of abdomen, today it is the right foot and right side ...
|

replied August 13th, 2015
This was pretty funny to read all these posts. Amazing that everyone has the same symptoms but no doctor has been able to diagnose anything. I had this happen just today 3 times. However, mine is the right shin and the right side just below my ribs. Sharp pain for about a second or two, then its gone. Anyone knows anything please post. I actually have a podiatrist appointment soon so if he tells me anything about it I'll let you all know.
|

replied October 26th, 2015
Flash of pain from ab to heel
I am a 45 year old male and recently started getting a sharp flash of pain, like a lightening bolt, from the right side of my lower abdominal region to the heel of my foot. Painful then gone in a second.
|

replied December 19th, 2015
back and abdominal pain
I get this, sometimes in just one place, others in both, the stomach and foot near the big toe. Other times it will be in the groin and the big foot. Had an MRI which said my back was fine.

I did find that doing too many abdominal exercises at the gym made it worse, but when I went to PT they gave me a bunch of really intense abdominal exercises and said that the mere fact that I could do them meant nothing was too seriously wrong. The massage therapist says it's possibly the psoaz muscles and referred pain. Everyone seems to agree it isn't a back problem.
|

replied February 5th, 2016

I've been getting this sharp shooting pain simultaneously in my abdomen and foot. It always happens on the same side (right side, right foot or left side, left foot).
I am now 22 and was diagnosed with anxiety and depression 4 years ago.
Maybe they're related?
Maybe a predisposition to anxiety?
|

replied February 11th, 2016
WOW... this just started happening to me today - left foot and left belly - with a pin-sharp, hot/burning pain at the exact same time. I didn't think it could be anything but it's been happening throughout the day so I thought I'd look it up. Some comfort that I'm not the only one... but little comfort that nobody has been able to find a reason/diagnosis/treatment. So weird!!!! I'll keep researching. Maybe it's like the TV show Sens8 and we're all cosmically related Wink
|
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....