Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

left back side (hip) pain when going to sit or stand

User Profile
Dear Sir,
I, Shyam Dar, 30 years old, suffering from left back side (hip) pain since last 30 days, first movement of that side makes extreme pain, like- when I going to sit somewhere else and while going to stand (can’t explain the pain) and riding a bike is most difficult tusk for me.
The problem arise after 3 days of light exercise at home.
Its kind for your information that, my job is computer operator, have to sit continuously 10 hours, daily basis.

Please help Sir.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 25th, 2014
Back Pain Answer A48900
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

Back pain is a symptom of numerous causes that involve abnormality or disease of the back muscles, bones, or nerves.

The commonest causes of chronic low back pain are lumbar strain, nerve irritation, bone and joint conditions (arthritis), osteoporosis, lumbar radiculopathy, narrowing or stenosis of the spinal cord cavity. Even bad posture can lead to low back pain. From your history that the back pain started after light exercise even piriformis syndrome is an important possibility. It is a neuromuscular disorder that occurs when the sciatic nerve is compressed by the piriformis muscle causing pain and tingling and numbness.

You need to visit your local doctor or an orthopedic doctor who will examine you and request a few tests like an MRI Scan of the lower back to diagnose the problem. The treatment will depend on the cause of the pain.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Back Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.