Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Psoriasis Forum

Lecithin for psoriasis treatment ?

I have heard of Lecithin clearing psoriasis on a friend of my sisters. She had psoriasis bad, and started taking nine 1200mg pills a day. Her psoriasis did clear up, and have been gone for years. Everytime she feels it coming, she just takes the pills for a week or so. Has anyone else heard of this working?
Thank You!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 19th, 2009
Nasty stuff in high doses
"side effects which include gastrointestinal problems, diarrhea, either weight gain or loss of appetite, rashes, headache, nausea, dizziness, vomiting and unpleasant body odor and bad breath" taken from a nutrition website. So I would probably prefer to take a different substance or at least less than nine 1200mg pills per day.
|

replied August 6th, 2012
I use a Lecithin supplement 1200mg three times a day and it makes a huge difference in control of outbreaks. From what I have read Side effects mentioned are usually only between 10 and 30 grams. 1000mg= 1gram. I've been to half a dozen doctors and they have prescribed me ointments that range from $770.00 a tube to $50.oo a large tube. The very best ointment that will offer me instant relief and rapid results is Betamethasone Valerate. With my prescription insurance it cost me $10.00 retail is about $50.00 and it goes a long way. When outbreaks are severe I also do the Epsom Salts baths 3 days a week. Hope this helps.
|

replied October 30th, 2012
I take granular lecithin 4-8 tablespoons a day. I haven't ever had any weird side affects but it does seem to make a difference and prevent flare-ups
|

replied October 30th, 2012
I take granular lecithin 4-8 tablespoons a day. I haven't ever had any weird side affects but it does seem to make a difference and prevent flare-ups
|

replied November 18th, 2016
I had psoriasis after a bout of strep throat when I was 17. A woman I worked with brought me a book that told how lecithin help ...I started taking 3 capsules a day and worked up to 9 a day. In a month I had no signs of psoriasis. except a little redness. I have had strep 2 times since then and each time I started taking the lecithin every time I started breaking out It stopped the out break every time .I was covered with psoriasis from the tip of my head to the souls of my feet.I itched so bad and when I slept it would look like fish had been scaled in the bed...I KNOW IT WORKS...I am 60 now and haven't had an outbreak in years.......
|
Must Read
In this intro section, we answer the questions, "What is psoriasis?" Plus, descriptions on types of psoriasis that you may encounter....
Doctors know that psoriasis is an immune response. But what triggers a psoriasis outbreak? And how can you avoid/minimize your risk of developing the condition?...
Can you identify the signs of psoriasis? Click here for more information on psoriasis and when you should seek medical help for the immune disorder....