Hi

I’m writing to request your feedback about a case related to LDL levels. I’m a 33 years old male who is generally in a fairly good health record. I’ve done a blood test last Saturday and the score of my LDL was 150 which I was told is considered borderline high. I’ve read a bit about what causes the LDL levels to increase and found out that the main ones are obesity, having food with saturated fat and lack of exercising, so since I monitor carefully the type of food have, exercise 4-5 times a week, and my weight is 67KG only (height is 171) I was a little bit surprised with the results and decided to have the test again as during the day before the one I had my first test I had couple of drinks, donuts and burgers so thought that would have also contributed to the high LDL score I got.

I had the test again today and the score was 170! So my question is, is it normal for LDL to increase by this much within 4 days? Are there any precautions that i should consider? What other factors can contribute to the increase of LDL?

I would appreciate your feedback and advices since im traveling tomorrow to attend a friend wedding and not expecting to have a healthy lifestyle during the next 10 days.

Many thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.Slight variation is normal from lab to lab. Just adapt good diet and lifestyle and avoid junk foods and fatty foods. Exercise regularly and you would have nothing to worry about.

Take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.