Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Parkinson Disease Forum

latuda for a very happy person with my condition?

User Profile
I suffer from tremors and mitro valve prolapse. Have had cardiac problems all my life. A doctor prescribed me latuda 20mg. I am the happiest person I know. I read the pamphlet and do not understand how bipolar/ schizophrenia meds will help. All side affects are related to my conditions I already have. My history of meds has never included more than atenolol and some anxiety meds at various times. These pills scare me. I cannot find anywhere in the pamphlet that this is used for anything other than bipolar and schizophrenia. I would like to know if this acceptable treatment for a very happy person with my condition? Also how do I address my PCP because I am on ahcccs in Arizona. He didn't answer my questions to my satisfaction. At 52 years old I won't take just anything.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2015
Parkinson Disease Answer A54635
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the use of Latuda.

Latuda is an antipsychotic drug used for schizophrenia and bipolar depression. Your doctor might have prescribed it to you in view of your symptoms of tremors or even your medical history. It is true that it has side effects which may be related to the heart or even brain.

In that case, if you are apprehensive regarding the intake of this medicine you should consult your doctor and talk to him regarding the used and side effects of Latuda.

Moreover the exact cause of tremors (essential/non essential) should be found out and then specific treatment started.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Anxiety
Quick Reply
Must Read
1/2 million Americans are diagnosed with Parkinsons. Click here for basic information and a definition of Parkinson Disease, a movement disorder of the brain. ...
Do doctors know what causes Parkinson's Disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? More info on risk factors here....
We outline the common symptoms of Parkinsons and list the types of movement disorders that accompany the disease. Plus, know when to seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Parkinson Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.