Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

late with breasts leaking a yr after tubal?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
User Profile
I had a tubal done a little over a year go and for a few days now I'm having leaking from my breast and I'm also 3 weeks late

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2013
Fertility Answer A43054
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms that you describe could suggest pregnancy possibility (due to chances of spontaneous tubal recanalization) if you had been sexually active without back-up protection. There are chances of spontaneous recanalization, after few years of tubal ligation. The incidence/chances of tubal ligation failure or spontaneous recanalization depends on the type of procedure followed to ligate the tubes. Few methods are associated with high incidence of spontaneous recanalization, and few are with very minimal chances of recanalization. If you are having functional ovaries and if you are sexually active without additional protection, chances of pregnancy are possible. If you suspect pregnancy chances (as suggested by your symptoms), consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). If pregnancy gets confirmed, or if you develop any other new symptoms suggestive of ectopic pregnancy (chances are high due to scarring of tubes), consider getting ultrasound scan done to confirm the location of pregnancy/gestational sac (intrauterine or ectopic). Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further clarification and assistance.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.