Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

late seroconversion after neg ELISA?

Good afternnon! I have done test after 6 weeks, Elisa CMIA, 4th generation, negative. In the 11th week after exposure I loose my hair and I notice maybe I have ligter gums, I had problems with rashes from the third week until the 11th week post exposure, and I have sometimes burning sensation in my face and legs. In spite of these symtomes what do you think, can I believe that my test was not false negative? I fear so much??? Can the late seroconversion caused my symptomes? Please, answer me. Trinity
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 23rd, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
You need to test after the three month point.
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Take the HIV antibody test three months post exposure, that will tell you if you are conclusively HIV negative. If you continue to feel sick, test for HTLV and other infections.

Best wishes.
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Take the HIV antibody test three months post exposure, that will tell you if you are conclusively HIV negative. If you continue to feel sick, test for HTLV and other infections.

Best wishes.
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
And those doctors are on the same forum that enforces and advises the three month HIV antibody test - so apparently you selectively read what you want to read.

Everyone should get routinely tested for HIV antibodies, don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise.
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Well they're wrong - the gold standard for HIV antibody testing is three months.
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Apparently the word 'conclusive' isn't in your vocabulary.
|

User Profile
replied September 15th, 2012
You didn't mention what your exposure was
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....