Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Late period after chicken pox ?

User Profile
Last month I am having periods on 16th february.Immediately after that I got chicken pox on february 21st.I have used antibiotics almost for a week.This month I did not get the period until now.Is this the result of antibiotics or anything else.I am unmarried.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2018
Menstruation Answer A63434
Hello.
Welcome to this forum.
Any illness or stress can delay your cycle. But are you sexually active? Then do a pregnancy testing now. If the testing is negative, don't worry. This delay is almost considered as physiological and you will get your cycle soon.
Hope I can address your query. Please visit your doctor if there is any further confusion as without a clinical examination it is not possible to opine through an online medical forum.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.