Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Large lump on right upper arm

User Profile
I have a lrg lump on rt uper arm near shoulder it dose hurt some

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2010
Cancers Answer A17580
Hello, and thanks for your medical question on eHealthForum.

From the history provided, a large swelling on the arm or shoulder could be a collection of the fat, or a growth from the underlying bone. Additional history regarding exact location and appearance, consistancy of the lump, etc, will be needed to know the exact cause of the swelling.

A direct face to face examination of the swelling by your treating physician as well as a Xray of the affected shoulder and arm will help to diagnosis and treatment of the swelling.

You might consider consulting your GP or a Orthopedician for additional evaluation and treatment.

I hope this is helpful.

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: lump, arm
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.