Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Large lump in scrotum

My husband has had a lump in the scrotum for years, he was told by a urologist at that time it was begin and no big deal. It has gotten very large, bigger than his testicle and as he says it "rolls" and causes him pain. My concern is the growth, it wasn't fast but its grown significantly since he was seen about 4 yrs ago. Is this normal or should I be concerned? I am but he isn't. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 22nd, 2018
Experienced User
Yes any unusual growth should be re checked any time it changes or gets larger. Benign growths can change into cancers or other problems years later. He may have a swelling of water or blood in his scrotum which can get bigger or smaller over time, look up hydrocele and spermacele and see if that sounds like what he has in his scrotum.
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...