I have always had a lump behind my left ear. I saw a doctor years ago and he said "dont worry about it, come back and see me if it begins to hurt". Anyway, forward 10 or so years and the lump hurts, looks sore and is probably twice the size! Its about the size of a large clove of garlic, so it also noticeably makes my ear stick out.

I saw the doctor the other day and she said it was possibly a cyst and would refer me to the Ear, Nose and Throat department at the hospital, but it could be a while. Im slightly concerned as Iv been getting headaches every evening for around 4 days now. I rarely get headaches at all.

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem and what was the outcome?

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 10th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Here are some excellent resources on eHealthForum which may help you:

Lump behind right ear
Lump behind ear and fatigue
Lump on head, neck, and ear.
Lump In Neck
Lump on neck
Cough
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....