I have a large lump above my tonsil that is the same color as my tonsils and looks like there is a dent in the middle. I also have a lot of pain in my ear and neck on that side. My doctor said he cannot see my tonsils in the office but refuses to send me to an ent and says I definitely don't have cancer because I am only 24. I have always had overly large tonsil and recently I've been having problems with tonsil stones-especially on the side with the lump. My doctor thinks the lump I see might be a deformity of the tonsil due to large tonsil stones and that the pain I am having is from tjm syndrome. I am very worried because the lump looks completly separate from my tonsil and it has gotten bigger. What are the chance that I could have tonsil cancer at my age? And what else could the lump be besides cancer?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....