Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

large knot on the bottom of my skull,?

User Profile
I have noticed a large knot on the bottom of my skull, about an inch above the neck. It's approximate size is about an inch, or in comparison to a marble. I first noticed it about six months ago. It seems to be getting bigger and more painful. At times, I will get sharp stabbing pains that shoot through my skull; starting with that area. They come quickly without warning,and leave just as quickly as the come. I don't have frequent headaches, but when I do, it's really hard to get rid of them. They last for long periods of time. Should I be concerned? My family doctor didn't even look at it when I mentioned it....

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2011
Bone Cancer Answer A20133
This area of the scalp is a common site of sebaceous cysts and other mostly benign lumps and bumps. Of course, since I am unable to examine you, I would suggest that you direct your doctor's attention to this lump.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.