I have had a dark, dry, itchy patch on my middle back. It's been there for years and it itches all the time. I have tried using a moisturizer every now and then but it didn't help.

1. Think it is just dead dry skin or could it be something else?
2. Think it will get better with consistent moisturizer?
3. Should I consider using a loofah to try to exfoliate some of the skin?

Thanks for the help guys, I know this is probably a trivial problem, I hope, but it does kinda bother me.

http://i51.[image removed]/359jpf6.jpg
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Bob1978
|

replied March 2nd, 2011
Has anyone had a chance to give this a thought please?
|

replied May 9th, 2011
I have this as well!
Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the SAME thing! Looks almost exact! have occasional pain with mine as well. I went to the Dermo and forgot what he said but he said it's not a big deal and the pain is prob just nerve related and gave me cortisone that didn't help. I hate it! Curious what you found out...
|

replied May 9th, 2011
I have this as well!
Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the SAME thing! Looks almost exact! have occasional pain with mine as well. I went to the Dermo and forgot what he said but he said it's not a big deal and the pain is prob just nerve related and gave me cortisone that didn't help. I hate it! Curious what you found out...
|

replied May 27th, 2011
Thought I'd try you again to see if you went to the Doctor for this. I think I'm going toget a second opinion on mine ecspecially since I get occasional pain with it! It's more annoying and ugly than anything =)
|

replied May 29th, 2013
ive got this, went to doc who said it was excema!! No way its that1 After a little research Ive discovered that its related to a neck problem, the dark patch is due to the thickening of the skin due to scratching, its all due to a patch of nerves. Its called notalgia paresthetica, look it up, its enlightening!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....