Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Lack of emotion - heightened sexual desire

Hello, my name is Kristina and a good friend of mine came to me and asked me to help him figure out what he is going through - I'm taking some Psychology courses and behavioural Analysis Courses. I have not been able to find anything that makes sense. I have gone through numerous text books and I have googled . The symptoms began around August 20th, 2009. My friend contacted me and told me that he no longer felt any emotion aside from sexual desire and frustration. His relationship ended shortly after because he felt it was unfair to his girlfriend. Since the problem began he has had a hightened desire for sexual contact. This coupled with the lack of emotion may end up leading to some bad decision making on his part. As I said, he still feels frustration, sexual desire and pain. He is very concerned and we are unsure of what to do. Please help! Thank you very much,
Kristina
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 6th, 2009
Supporter
is he really depressed?
making bad decisions, frustration, and pain for a long period of time can lead to a deep depression.
i cant explain the sex drive thing.
|

replied September 6th, 2009
he doesnt seem depressed - i dont really know the cause of it but he said it started when i moved - i moved away for school and it was the same week he called me and told me about it... thanks for your help Smile
|

replied April 20th, 2012
it sounds like conflicting emotions to me, his masculine side which craves after meaningless sex is being excited inside of his inner self, his outer male is not liking this sensation, he feels it is unfair on his girlfrind to exercise his inner sexual arrogance, this shows that he is a good and considerate man, but his inner demons can occasionly get to him.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....