Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

L5-s1 disc buldge and going for Gym is advisable or no?

I got l5-s1 disc buldge in dec 2011.
I hd been taking homeopathy treatment.
Right side is recovered but left side is not recovered and sciatica pain is not at all reduced.I am 24 yr old girl and very thin because of health issues.My question is can I join Gym to gain my weight? I mean having disc buldge and going for Gym is advisable or no?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2014
(online)
Thank you for asking

Exercise helps the bulging disc and sciatica is relieved. But heavy weight lifting or strenuous work up is forbidden. Focus on truck exercises and see if it helps. Get some physiotherapy for sciatica and see if it helps.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Back Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.