Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Knots on body - calcium deposits ?

User Profile
I have a total of four knots on my body, one on my bottom rib at the tip, one on my sternum, two on my jawbone, one is located to the right of my chin and the other one is located on the corner right side of my jaw bone. I had an ultrasound on the one on my rib and it came back abnormal, I have a while before I can see the doctors to find out what they could be. One of my doctors suggested they could be calcium deposits? Is this a possibility? I have been having a lot of pain in my joints lately, but the only pain I feel from the knots is when hard pressure is applied. The are about the size of a pebble, some have a some what rigged texture. My grandmother had bone cancer at the age of 28, and my grandfather had Lung cancer. I believe that my mother also might have had ovarian cancer. Is cancer a possibility?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2010
Bone Cancer Answer A9663
Unfortunately, the very limited informaiton that you have provided does not allow me to offer you much in the way of advice. You should follow-up with your doctor. (I would also strongly suggest that you quit smoking.)

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.